What will we do when we perform an annual furnace maintenance tune up?
We think it is important to do annual furnace maintenance before the cold weather sets in. It is also necessary to maintain your Trane warranty, so it’s important not to skip this. We are happy to call or email you a reminder when this service is due. Just call the office at 303-435-8141 to get on our list.
As to what we do during a routine furnace tune up, here are the items from our KJ Thomas Mechanical Furnace Maintenance Checklist that our highly qualified HVAC techs use to make sure each furnace is thoroughly checked out.
- Test for carbon monoxide (a poisonous gas) at furnace.
- Test gas safety system.
- Check combustion ventilation air supply.
- Check for gas leaks downstream of the gas shutoff valve.
- Check for hazardous materials from or near furnace area and advise homeowner.
- Inspect thermostat.
- Visually inspect heat exchanger, if accessible.
- Clean and check main burners, if accessible.
- Clean burner vestibule.
- Examine flue and vent conditions.
- Test operation of safety limits.
- Check electrical control wiring.
- Inspect filters and/or air cleaners.
- Lubricate motor and fan, if possible.
- Check motor and fan conditions.
- Test pressure switches, if applicable.
- Test operation of primary limit switches.
- Check operation of vent or blower.
- Check operation of inducer.
- Test sequence of operation of ignition system.
- Check secondary heat exchanger, if accessible.
- Provide customer a written diagnostic report of findings.
- Clean up, double checking that all tools are gathered and site is left cleaner than it was when you arrived.
- Note model and serial number of any parts to be ordered on the service ticket.
- Take iPad photo of installed parts to attach to service ticket.